Xcaret is a water park, theme, amusement, eco-archaeological and more, in one place. Due to its privileged location in the Mayan jungle among underground rivers, cenotes and facing the Caribbean Sea, Xcaret has impressive scenarios where you can do different activities and enjoy them to the fullest. Besides that, Xcaret is a theme park in Cancun and Riviera Maya that celebrates Mexico’s present and rich past, a country known for its traditions, culture and folklore.
Xcaret opened in 1990 and since has become a landmark of Cancun and Riviera Maya, even considered by many, as THE destination of this region above the aforementioned. Its name means “small inlet” due to the fact that a portion of the Caribbean Sea enters the land. Because of this, the Mayans used Xcaret, know back then as Pole, as a merchandise port.
- Access to Plus Area facilities (dressing rooms, restrooms and lockers).
- One lunch buffet. Includes one beer and unlimited non-alcoholic beverages (soft drinks, flavored waters, and coffee) while consuming food.
- Tours in three underground rivers (a secure bag service for your belongings prior to during the river journey is included).
- Xcaret México Espectacular presentation.
- Access to the beach, inlet and natural pools.
- Visits to the Butterfly Pavilion, Coral Reef Aquarium and the Aviary.
- Children’s World, a place of fun exclusively for the little ones.
- Horse Exhibition, Papantla Flying Men and Pre-Hispanic Dances.
- Tropical jungle trail.
- Use of fins and snorkel mask with integrated tube (requires a refundable deposit of 10 USD)
- Life jackets and inner tubes.
- Lounge chairs, hammocks and rest areas.
- Restrooms, dressing rooms and showers.
- Other services (WiFi, ATM and shops).
- Free parking.
- Wear a swimsuit, water shoes and comfortable clothing. Additionally, bring an extra change of clothes and a towel.
- Only use of sunblock and sunscreen containing titanium oxide and zinc oxide are allowed in the park.
- Remember to bring cash or a credit card to purchase souvenirs, get the photos of your visit, or enjoy an Optional Activity.
- Free admission for children 4 years old and under. Children 5 to 11 get half off the adult ticket price. In both cases an ID is mandatory.
- Children and over 4.5 ft tall but under 12 years of age must show an ID to verify their age as well.
- Snorkeling gear requires a refundable deposit of $10 USD.
- Transportation from Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya is included only if you add it at the moment of purchase.
- Reservations cancelled more than 2 days prior to your original booking date are subject to a 10% charge for administrative fees; cancellations made between 0 and 2 days prior to your original booking date, or in the case of no-shows or not using your coupon, are nonrefundable. Any change on your booking date is subject to an adjustment in the price.
- It is not possible to make date changes the same day of your visit.